www-repository mailing list archives

From Brian Demers <bdem...@sonatype.com>
Subject Re: [Nexus] Starting to use Nexus in Commons
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 12:52:52 GMT
On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 10:40 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> In Commons we are want to try using Nexus for the next release of
> Commons Compress.

Great!

> Some questions have been raised about using Nexus for all of Commons,
> since not all of Commons components have a groupid of
> "org.apache.commons", and changing groupid may not be feasible for
> some.

> Can Nexus be used for other groupids?

Yes, the only thing we need to know is what the access control should be.
 Do all the commons developers have access to all the org.apahce.commons
projects?  Do the other commons projects share the same list of commiters?

If not we would set up the permissions so someone from commons-collections
didn't accidentally change/promote any staged artifacts for
commons-compress.