www-repository mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Nexus] Starting to use Nexus in Commons
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 14:38:35 GMT
On 24/05/2010, Brian Demers <bdemers@sonatype.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 10:40 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > In Commons we are want to try using Nexus for the next release of
> > Commons Compress.
> >

> Great!
> >
> > Some questions have been raised about using Nexus for all of Commons,
> > since not all of Commons components have a groupid of
> > "org.apache.commons", and changing groupid may not be feasible for
> > some.
> >
> > Can Nexus be used for other groupids?
> >

> Yes, the only thing we need to know is what the access control should be.

I only see org/apache under
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/

So is it just chance that only groupIds starting with org.apache
currently use Nexus?

> Do all the commons developers have access to all the org.apahce.commons
> projects?  Do the other commons projects share the same list of commiters?

At present all commons committers have access to all commons SVN code,
but most committers only work on a few components.

> If not we would set up the permissions so someone from commons-collections
> didn't accidentally change/promote any staged artifacts for
> commons-compress.

I need to confirm the permssion scheme with Commons.

Does Nexus use LDAP groups for the permissions?