www-repository mailing list archives

From Brian Fox <bri...@sonatype.com>
Subject Re: Syncing log4j 1.2.16 to Maven repo
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 22:46:34 GMT
We should definitely move to org.apache.log4j in a future release,
likely a 1.3.x. I'll look at how the current log4j is synced, I'm not
sure how it's managed but we should look to move that over to
repository.apache.org as well.

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 11:09 PM, Curt Arnold <carnold@apache.org> wrote:
> The PMC approved log4j 1.2.16 artifacts are staged at http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/repo/log4j/log4j/1.2.16/
but I am uncertain on the current procedure to push it out for synchronization.

> Also, I'm not sure how maven-metadata.xml for log4j is managed.  The maven release process
generated one a directory up, but only listed 1.2.15 (previous) and 1.2.16 (latest).  log4j
1.2.15 had a undesirable dependencies (jms, jmx, et al) and it would be good to identify 1.2.16
as the "default" version.

> I'm not quite sure what Nexus does, but searching Nexus for log4j found entries for log4j
1.2.6-8 and 11 and 13, but no 14 or 15.

> log4j 1.2.16 continues to use the "log4j" group from days long ago.  Can't change it
for 1.2.16, but for the next release would it be recommended to keep it or change it.

> Thanks for your assistance or guidance.
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Curt Arnold <carnold@apache.org>
>> Date: April 6, 2010 9:41:08 PM CDT
>> To: Log4J Developers List <log4j-dev@logging.apache.org>
>> Cc: Logging General <general@logging.apache.org>
>> Subject: Re: [VOTE RESULT] log4j 1.2.16 release
>>
>> I've copied the .zip and .tar.gz to the master distribution site and then out to
the mirrors.

>> While investigating the new procedure to push releases out to the Maven master repo,
I saw that the -javadoc.jar was missing LICENSE and NOTICE as required by http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#distribute-other-artifacts.
 I have removed just those files from http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/repo and will
proceed to sync the other artifacts.

>> On Apr 6, 2010, at 8:39 PM, Curt Arnold wrote:
>>
>>> A belated +1 from me.
>>>
>>> Vote was open for 6 days, +1 votes from Scott Deboy, Christian Grobmeier, Jacob
Kjome and Curt Arnold (all PMC members), no other votes.

>>> Closing vote and proceeding to post the release.

in February since I was not aware of the new signing key policy until I was ready to sign
the release.  RC2 was scuttled on Sunday since I put the wrong prospective release date.

(md5: ee87b0f7de80d2c3ac4da5e59a6dd05f)
(md5: bb0455e7bb9de23b30d4887ba7ee7ed3)
(md5: 363678f015902bcc040308136f845a3f)
(md5: e15d65d6c97d87704176c1e9338a2adb)
(md5: 8e331a930d0b56280a1c66a00621b3a3)
(md5: 6c55fbdfa752c635159e219e02639056)

the usual extensions (.asc, ,md5, .sha1).

 Some links (particularly download links) are broken while staged.

received by April 6th (the prospective release date in the RC), the release candidate will
be recalled.