www-repository mailing list archives

From Leonardo Uribe <lu4...@gmail.com>
Subject [maven deploy] cannot deploy artifacts to rsync repository
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 04:39:52 GMT
Hi

Trying to release some artifacts I founded this error:

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error installing artifact's metadata: repository metadata for:
'artifact org.apache.myfaces.test:myfaces-test-project' could not be
retrieved from repository: myfaces-staging due to an error: Exit code: 1 -
ssh: Could not resolve hostname people.apache.org: Temporary failure in name
resolution

only some artifacts are uploaded, but at random the transaction is aborted
(it uploads some files). I'm doing the same stuff as always, so I'm sure it
is not an error on my local configuration.

Is anything wrong in the repo? The same command on my machine:

mvn clean deploy
-DaltDeploymentRepository=myfaces-staging::default::scpexe://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository
-Psign-artifacts -DperformRelease=true -Dpassphrase=???

but pointing to my local machine works without problem.

What can I do for deploy this artifacts without destroy the maven metadata?

best regards,

Leonardo Uribe