www-repository mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Syncing log4j 1.2.16 to Maven repo
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 03:09:21 GMT
The PMC approved log4j 1.2.16 artifacts are staged at http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/repo/log4j/log4j/1.2.16/
but I am uncertain on the current procedure to push it out for synchronization.

Also, I'm not sure how maven-metadata.xml for log4j is managed.  The maven release process
generated one a directory up, but only listed 1.2.15 (previous) and 1.2.16 (latest).  log4j
1.2.15 had a undesirable dependencies (jms, jmx, et al) and it would be good to identify 1.2.16
as the "default" version.

I'm not quite sure what Nexus does, but searching Nexus for log4j found entries for log4j
1.2.6-8 and 11 and 13, but no 14 or 15.

log4j 1.2.16 continues to use the "log4j" group from days long ago.  Can't change it for 1.2.16,
but for the next release would it be recommended to keep it or change it.

Thanks for your assistance or guidance.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Curt Arnold <carnold@apache.org>
> Date: April 6, 2010 9:41:08 PM CDT
> To: Log4J Developers List <log4j-dev@logging.apache.org>
> Cc: Logging General <general@logging.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: [VOTE RESULT] log4j 1.2.16 release
>
> I've copied the .zip and .tar.gz to the master distribution site and then out to the
mirrors.

> While investigating the new procedure to push releases out to the Maven master repo,
I saw that the -javadoc.jar was missing LICENSE and NOTICE as required by http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#distribute-other-artifacts.
 I have removed just those files from http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/repo and will
proceed to sync the other artifacts.

> On Apr 6, 2010, at 8:39 PM, Curt Arnold wrote:
>
>> A belated +1 from me.
>>
>> Vote was open for 6 days, +1 votes from Scott Deboy, Christian Grobmeier, Jacob Kjome
and Curt Arnold (all PMC members), no other votes.

>> Closing vote and proceeding to post the release.
>>

>> On Mar 31, 2010, at 12:11 AM, Curt Arnold wrote:
>>
>>> I have posted a third release candidate for log4j 1.2.16.  RC1 was scuttled in
February since I was not aware of the new signing key policy until I was ready to sign the
release.  RC2 was scuttled on Sunday since I put the wrong prospective release date.

>>> The vote is on the following artifacts:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/repo/log4j/log4j/log4j-1.2.16-javadoc.jar
(md5: ee87b0f7de80d2c3ac4da5e59a6dd05f)
>>> http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/repo/log4j/log4j/log4j-1.2.16-sources.jar
(md5: bb0455e7bb9de23b30d4887ba7ee7ed3)
>>> http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/repo/log4j/log4j/log4j-1.2.16.jar (md5:
363678f015902bcc040308136f845a3f)
>>> http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/repo/log4j/log4j/log4j-1.2.16.pom (md5:
e15d65d6c97d87704176c1e9338a2adb)
>>> http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/repo/log4j/log4j/log4j-1.2.16.tar.gz
(md5: 8e331a930d0b56280a1c66a00621b3a3)
>>> http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/repo/log4j/log4j/log4j-1.2.16.zip (md5:
6c55fbdfa752c635159e219e02639056)

>>> Detached signatures, md5 and sha1 digests are in the same directory with the
usual extensions (.asc, ,md5, .sha1).

>>> The corresponding source code is http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/tags/v1_2_16.
>>>
>>> The corresponding website content is staged at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/trunk/docs/log4j/1.2/index.html.
 Some links (particularly download links) are broken while staged.

>>> The vote will be open at least 72 hours.  If the necessary votes are not received
by April 6th (the prospective release date in the RC), the release candidate will be recalled.