www-repository mailing list archives

From Brian Fox <bri...@sonatype.com>
Subject Re: forcing a sync to the maven 2 repository
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:37:13 GMT
I agree, I would go with renaming them in this case, instead or
respinning a whole new release.

Regarding staging, you can deploy them to an alternate location for
vetting prior to release. You could also use
http://nexus.sonatype.org/oss-repository-hosting.html which very
shortly will have rules to check certain quality issues before
allowing things to be promoted and synced. (the deployment in this
case is an http put, so I don't know if this is a change to your
current build or not, but it's an option)

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Carlos Sanchez <carlos@apache.org> wrote:
> if it's just the poms, then go for option a) copy the jars and the new
> poms under _1
>
> you can put them in a temporary folder in the web server and tell
> users to try them  adding that url as a new repository
>

> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@sun.com> wrote:
>> Thanks, Carlos. Note that the Derby zips and tarballs are fine. What is not
>> correct are the poms which describe them to Maven users. Producing a release
>> is a heavy-weight process for the Derby community. I do not think that the
>> community will find the cycles for option (2). Our next release will
>> probably happen next year.
>>
>> I would like to improve this situation for that next release, 10.6.1.0. Is
>> there a process for test-deploying or staging release artifacts so that they
>> can be vetted by Maven users before we commit them to Maven?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Rick
>>
>> Carlos Sanchez wrote:
>>>
>>> it doesn't really matter if you deploy it to the maven repo or tha
>>> apache dist folders, once it's out there it's a very bad idea to
>>> distribute another thing with the same version.
>>>
>>> I'd go with b) and call it 10.5.3.1 but it depends on how "broken" the
>>> release was

If it