www-repository mailing list archives

From Brian Fox <bri...@sonatype.com>
Subject Re: forcing a sync to the maven 2 repository
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:25:54 GMT
Only new files are pulled in, like Simon said you need to change the
version if you want them to be updated. Even if we manually loaded
your jars, anyone in the world that already has a copy would not get
the new ones and it would just create chaos because it would work for
some and not others.

Release artifacts are immutable. It's a fundamental tenet of Maven.
(and good CM practice to boot)