www-repository mailing list archives

From Gert Vanthienen <gert.vanthie...@gmail.com>
Subject Enable OBR support on repository.apache.org?
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 07:53:23 GMT
L.S.,

As more and more Apache projects are looking at OSGi, it would be a
good thing to have an Apache OBR repository where people can discover
the OSGi bundles that are already available at Apache.  We could do
this manually by running bindex over the repositories on a regular
basis, but our Nexus instance also allows dynamically generating OBR
metadata for our existing repositories.

Would it be an option to set up Nexus to generate this metadata for
the Apache releases and snapshots repositories?  Is the server capable
of handling the extra workload involved?  If this means you'll need an
extra pair of hands to manage the server, I'd more than happy to
volunteer for that by the way...

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com