www-repository mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: forcing a sync to the maven 2 repository
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:37:33 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I hope that this is the correct mailing list for this question. If it
> isn't, please point me in the right direction.
>
> The Derby project has been learning how to deploy our build artifacts to
> the maven 2 repository. This has involved a fair amount of learning for
> us because we don't use maven in our project builds--we use ant instead.
> However, I think that we have learned a fair amount and we are getting
> close to being able to deploy our artifacts correctly.
>
> A while ago we copied broken artifacts to the staging area at
> /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/derby
> and they were successfully sync'd to the corresponding maven 2 locations
> at http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/derby After we were told
> that our artifacts were broken, we copied corrected versions to
> /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/derby
> However, those corrected versions have not been sync'd to the maven 2
> locations. How do we force a sync to occur?

Maven artifacts should never be replaced/overwritten/removed after
deployment. It causes all sorts of caching problems for maven users.

The usual solution is simply to deploy a new version; users will get the
latest version (ie the fixed one) unless they have specifically
requested otherwise.

Regards,
Simon

Note: I'm not a repo administrator..