www-repository mailing list archives

From Brian Fox <bri...@infinity.nu>
Subject Re: Nexus repository clean-up [Wink project]
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 14:19:28 GMT
Hi Martin,
Can you be more specific?

First, no release artifacts can ever be removed from the repository.
This is a tenet of Maven..and frankly even if they were removed from
the Apache repo, they will not be removed from Central or all the
mirrors of it.

That leaves only snapshots. The snapshots hosted in the nexus
repository are cleaned up when: 1) there are more than two copies
older than 5 days or 2) when a release of the same version is
performed. (ie 1.0-SNAPSHOTS are removed when the system sees 1.0 is
released).

All committers on a given project have the permissions to remove
snapshots if they want, but only admins have permissions to remove
release artifacts.

So given that you can already manage snapshots, and removing releases
is a non-starter, is there something else we need to allow that I'm
missing?

--Brian

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 3:56 AM, Snitkovsky,
Martin<martin.snitkovsky@hp.com> wrote:
> Hi John/Brian,
> We still have issues with repository clean-up.
> We have changed project version name, which created all new set of artifacts. All old
artifacts are not relevant anymore and should be removed from repository.

> I understand that there is some kind of auto-cleanup aimed to remove old artifacts, but
I don't know when it runs and what is cleaned.

> Is it possible/acceptable to provide us credentials for removing irrelevant artifacts,
or only you guys are responsible for such actions.