www-repository mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sling Artifacts from incubator repository
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 12:15:48 GMT
Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In the incubating Sling project we deployed the initial release to the
> incubator maven 2 repository instead of the central mirror as it was
> custom until a few months ago. Now that we use repository.a.o it would
> be cool and good for our users to have the artifacts available from
> repository.a.o, too.
>
> Would it be possible to copy those over from the incubator repository to
>  repository.a.o ? Do you need a JIRA or would you be able to do it as a
> corollary to INFRA-2081 ? [2]
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Felix
> On behalf of the Sling project
>
> [1]http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/sling
> [2]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-2081

Hmm..

AIUI, incubator projects are not allowed to make "releases"; by
definition they are not yet official apache projects and may not have IP
clearance, etc.

Pushing stuff to a special "incubator repository" sounds reasonable, as
people should know what they are doing if they pull artifacts from there.

But is it really allowed for incubator projects to publish to
"repository.a.o"? See the "Podling Constraints" section here:
  http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html

Regards,
Simon