www-repository mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@sonatype.com>
Subject Re: Repository mirrors/in-near bangalore
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 09:46:09 GMT
Take 30 minutes and setup a repository manager. Wiping out your caches
and then downloading again from a public mirror for a clean build is
not a good idea.

On 24-Jun-09, at 11:38 AM, Steve Loughran wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 4:58 AM, Brian Fox<brianf@sonatype.com> wrote:
>> There is one I know of in China. Would that work?
>>

> I will let them check it, but the problem is that a full clean build
> (no ivy cache) takes a day right now, and its mostly download. We
> could set something up internally, but it would be more useful out of
> the city. I bet a fair percentage of builds take place outside.
>
> I will drop a note to the hadoop build team to see what they do, there
> is a big Y! dev team there using Ivy -if they could provide a public
> mirror, that would be very nice.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/SonatypeNexus
http://twitter.com/SonatypeM2E

You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
goals are in doubt.

   -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance