www-repository mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [repository.apache.org] releases
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 08:20:55 GMT
Brian Fox wrote:
> So here's the problem I found. The release plugin configuration that
> activates the release profile during perform is in the release profile
> itself. This means that you would need to do mvn release:peform
> -Prelease in order for it to work. I can't tell if you used -Prelease
> when you did the build or not, but this is the only way I can see that
> things might have gone wrong.
>
> That configuration block should be moved outside of the profile into the
> regular plugin management section. (i haven't checked the release docs
> yet as it's clear they will need to be updated regardless).
>
> Specifically, move this:
> <plugin>
>  <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>  <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
>  <configuration>
>   <useReleaseProfile>false</useReleaseProfile>
>   <goals>deploy</goals>
>   <arguments>-Prelease</arguments>
>  </configuration>
> </plugin>
>

> I'll now work on that script to fix the signatures, i'm sure this will
> be generally useful over time.

Hi Brian,

I saw you already proposed to update the apache parent pom to incorporate all the required
release configuration.
Based on that, I think we better wait with fixing and releasing a new version of our portals-pom,
as we then can simply remove our
configurations instead.

For now, I guess we can continue referencing our currently released portals-pom for upcoming
(sub project) releases as long as we use mvn
release:perform -Prelease, right?

And for the missing signatures, we'll wait for your script to fix those.
Many thanks for helping out on all this.

Regards,

Ate