www-repository mailing list archives

From Brian Fox <bri...@infinity.nu>
Subject Re: [repository.apache.org] releases
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 19:12:21 GMT
So here's the problem I found. The release plugin configuration that
activates the release profile during perform is in the release profile
itself. This means that you would need to do mvn release:peform
-Prelease in order for it to work. I can't tell if you used -Prelease
when you did the build or not, but this is the only way I can see that
things might have gone wrong.

That configuration block should be moved outside of the profile into the
regular plugin management section. (i haven't checked the release docs
yet as it's clear they will need to be updated regardless).

Specifically, move this:
<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
  <configuration>
   <useReleaseProfile>false</useReleaseProfile>
   <goals>deploy</goals>
   <arguments>-Prelease</arguments>
  </configuration>
</plugin>

I'll now work on that script to fix the signatures, i'm sure this will
be generally useful over time.