www-repository mailing list archives

From Brian Fox <bri...@infinity.nu>
Subject Re: [repository.apache.org] releases
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:45:58 GMT
Hi Ate, Vkumar,

The switch from the old static repository to Nexus shouldn't have
affected any part of the release:prepare or release:perform process
performed by Maven other than the actual url used in the
distributionManagement. The only steps that change are _after_ the
artifacts are made and signed and deployed, where you would close and
then later promote the repository.

So the question is, did the portals project produce the signatures for
previous releases, and if so, how?

The maven release document isn't intended to be a master document on how
to setup a project from scratch to generate everything correctly...but
perhaps that is what is needed for new projects. I'll have to look at
your poms to figure out what might be wrong.

Signing the artifacts after the fact is definately more complicated
since the system isn't setup for direct manipulation of the artifacts by
committers. It should be possible via a script to gen and upload the
signatures though, so I'll work that out.