www-repository mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing an accidental release from the central
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2009 08:53:56 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Carlos Sanchez <carlos@apache.org> wrote:
> another thing you have to consider is that it also got propagated to
> the mirrors. What would be the problem leaving it there? are you
> making a new release any time soon?

This is an experimental component that one of our committers forked
from code in the Jackrabbit sandbox. We will probably never make an
official release of this code, at least not using this artifactId. The
deployed artifacts are unsigned and the source jar even contains code
that was never committed to Apache svn. If artifacts like this
appeared in www.apache.org/dist, they'd be removed as a breach of
Apache policy.

In practice it's not that big a problem to have some extra files
within org/apache/jackrabbit on the central repository, but in
principle it's not very good that an individual mistake can cause that
directory to contain material that has not been approved by the
Jackrabbit PMC.

BR,

Jukka Zitting