www-repository mailing list archives

From "Brian E. Fox" <bri...@reply.infinity.nu>
Subject RE: Removing an accidental release from the central
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 14:37:17 GMT
These types of things will be solved once we get projects migrated to
the new repository. It would take two separate, deliberate actions to
get a release pushed out to central.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Zitting [mailto:jukka.zitting@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 6:54 PM
To: repository@apache.org
Subject: Removing an accidental release from the central

Hi,

I just found an accidentally deployed Jackrabbit artifact on the
central repository, see [1]. This is not an official Jackrabbit
release and was removed from the m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository on p.a.o
shortly after it was accidentally deployed there last year.
Unfortunately it looks like the artifact got synchronized to central
before it was removed.

Is there a way to remove the jackrabbit-spi2dav_ex directory from
central? This release has not been advertised anywhere and I would be
quite surprised if anyone was using it for anything.

On a related note, is it a good idea to have the apache.releases
repository configured in the Apache parent POM? This setting makes an
accidental "mvn deploy" on a non-snapshot tree deploy things directly
to the m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository. It would be safer if the
deployment repository was either not configured at all, or pointed to
some staging repository like the new Nexus server that's being set up
for Apache.

[1]
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/jackrabbit/jackrabbit-spi2dav_e
x/1.5-R42198/