www-repository mailing list archives

From "Guillaume Nodet" <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with unwanted published artifacts
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:44:00 GMT
The main problem is that:
  * we did not use the maven release plugin to create these releases
  * the version was manually bumped to a non snapshot version
  * artifacts were uploaded to a staging repo and a vote called
  * the version has not been reverted to snapshot immediately after
creating the tags
  * we have nightly scripts that run a "mvn deploy" on those projects

So the problem is that our nightly scripts deployed non snapshots
artifacts, hence they ended up in the m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository
instead of the snapshot repository.
Makes sense ?
The real problem is what we should have used the maven release plugin.