www-repository mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Monitoring the snapshot repo
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 17:39:15 GMT
Wendy wrote:

>> We'll get some sort of automated notification going to repository@ so
>> the volunteers there can keep an eye on the size of the snapshot repo
>> before it causes problems for the rest of the infra team.

> Any volunteers for this part?  I know Hen already has some scripts
> running against the repos looking for new items, it might make sense
> to bring those into infra svn somewhere along with this (and possibly
> Henk's signature checking scripts as well.)

How about a cron that runs once a month that just does

du -sh /x1/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/*

>> And we'll figure out whether it makes sense to automatically purge
>> this repo using some code that understands how to fix the metadata and
>> keep the latest snapshot.  (There might be a prerequisite to that,
>> getting people to fix the permissions in that repo.)

> I believe Brett sent Joe one script to do this, and there's also code
> in Archiva and/or Continuum that knows how to purge a repo, keeping
> the latest snapshot, fixing the metadata, etc.

The script Brett sent me doesn't preserve snapshots older than 1 month,
and it doesn't do anything with the metadata.

>  Again, volunteers to figure out the best way to do this and get it
> in place are welcome.

I'd be more than happy to write a simple script for our committers'
use which cleans up their old snapshots, if folks here would be
willing to actually spec it out.