www-repository mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Monitoring the snapshot repo
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 09:10:18 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 2:46 AM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is being discussed on the Maven dev list.  Assuming no objections
> we'll release a new parent pom with uniqueVersion=false in it.

We've been using uniqueVersion=false for Jackrabbit snapshots (based
on [1]), and every now and then we've seen issues at work with an
Archiva proxy not getting the latest snapshots for us.

I typically build all my snapshot dependencies locally from source, so
I haven't personally been too itched by this issue to know whether it
can be trivially fixed with some Archiva upgrades or settings.

It might be good to remind people of such potential issues when
changing the uniqueVersion setting.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/zzk5rbdeprsyalnh

BR,

Jukka Zitting