www-repository mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commons JEXL snapshot with different groupId (was: [repo] /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/)
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 14:04:12 GMT
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 2:23 AM, Vishal Goenka <vgoenka@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
> This was inadvertent. I was meaning to deploy it in my internal repository
> with the distribution section of the pom set to the location of the internal
> repository, but didn't realize that the parent pom's distribution was
> overriding AND that it did actually allow me to scp to apache's snapshot
> repository. Perhaps my ssh keys did the trick, but it wasn't intended and I
> apologize for the confusion.
>
> As for the need to change the group id in the first place, it was a
> short-term attempt to reclassify the group id to prevent any namespace
> collision with the released version of JEXL.
>
> I'm anxious to use the map and array support in 1.1.1-SNAPSHOT but
> reluctant/unable to add a snapshot repository to our pom. As a result, I
> intended to take a snapshot of code and create a local release for our use
> (say, 1.1.1-rc-1 or something) until 1.1.1 is released. To prevent namespace
> collision, I intended to use a different group id.

<snip/>

This more or less matches what I had imagined to have happened :-)

So, given the above, can you please remove this [1] directory (and all
its contents)? Thanks.

> By the way, do you have a sense of timing around the 1.1.1 release?

<snap/>

I won't be available for another month for this, I may be able to
start the process in September. Ofcourse, others may be available
sooner. I'd suggest nudging dev AT c.a.o (it'll also be good to get
your feedback there on how the new features you mention are working
for you).

-Rahul

[1] http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/teracent/