www-repository mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [repo] /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/
Date Sat, 24 May 2008 19:14:59 GMT
On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jochen. On repository@ where we get notifications of changes to the
> ASF Maven repos, I noticed that the files from the recent AntUnit 1.0
> release [1] are missing signatures. (There should be a detached
> signature (.asc) file for each artifact, including the pom files.)
>
> This page has some information on what's needed:
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html
>
> If you need more information, or help correcting this, please let us
> know on repository -at- apache.org.
>
> I was also curious about this release because you're not listed as an
> Ant committer on Jim's page [2], and it looks like Stefan Bodewig was
> the release manager for AntUnit 1.0 way back in Dec 2006 [3].  Are
> these the original binaries, or have they been re-built?

Wendy, you are right. I have indeed simply uploaded these jar files
rather than building them. Which is why I also didn't create a
signature for them. I did so, because Carlos requested in the past
that ASF jar files should be uploaded via the M2 rsync repository
rather than uploading them via the standard Maven process.

If that's not what I ought to have done, sorry. Please let me know how
to proceed. I am happy to either add my own signature, to remove these
files and submit them via the standard Maven upload process or do
whatever you suggest.

Thanks,

Jochen

--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

 -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)