www-repository mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Timestamped snapshot artifacts in m2-snapshot-repository
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 10:29:35 GMT
On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there some guidance on whether snapshot artifacts deployed to
> m2-snapshot-repository should have unique version timestamps instead
> of the -SNAPSHOT label?

On this subject, where do I scp stuff to get it in there? Hadoop wants
to put their artifacts up, and I'll need to sneak in a snapshot copy
of commons-cli-2.0 to go with it,

> If unique versions are better, how should a project avoid excessive
> disk usage over time?

CI servers are trouble; they can builds lots a day. Maybe the update
rate should be reduced to something more laid back, like weekly
updates. That should be infrequent enough you could keep them there up
until the next full release comes out, at which point you could delete
them all -so as to force users to pick up your new release.

-steve