www-repository mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Timestamped snapshot artifacts in m2-snapshot-repository
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 04:23:44 GMT

On 22/05/2008, at 9:13 PM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there some guidance on whether snapshot artifacts deployed to
> m2-snapshot-repository should have unique version timestamps instead
> of the -SNAPSHOT label?

It's really up to you and your needs. I prefer timestamped ones
overall, as long as they are properly maintained.

> If unique versions are better, how should a project avoid excessive
> disk usage over time?

At present, each should be mindful of this themselves (eg, delete
snapshots once a version is released). This is particularly a concern
if you are deploying from CI and so generating large numbers.

Cheers,
- Brett

--
Brett Porter