www-repository mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans <jheym...@apache.org>
Subject Re: incubator artifacts sync'ed to central ?
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 18:13:30 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Jorg Heymans <jheymans@apache.org> wrote:
>> It doesn't seem that [1] is synced to repo1, is there a particular reason
>> for this ? I'm guessing it's related to the legalese around those project's
>> incubator status, is that correct ?
>
> Yes. There's been a few debates about that on general@incubator, but
> so far the working consensus is not to push incubating releases in the
> central Maven repository. You'll have my +1 if you want to restart
> that debate on general@incubator.

OK thanks Jukka.

Reason i was asking is that my company is thinking about rsync'ing repo1
and a few other repos for internal use. Incubating artifacts not being
on central means yet another rsync to setup and coordinate.

I'll ask on infra@ what the policy is on sync'ing from people.a.o then..

Regards,
Jorg