www-repository mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Auditing the repository
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:58:58 GMT
See also http://markmail.org/message/qujfp3uo7rhokhrb

And http://markmail.org/message/sbouq623fdlujmzt
(quoted from Brett)
> - I switched to StAX in the process. This is likely going to introduce some small quirks
> we need to iron out (like the hack I added to parse Trygve's name - why did we ever
> allow that!)


Gilles

On 13/03/2008, Steve Loughran <steve.loughran@gmail.com> wrote:
> Xavier's taken to walking the repository to test Ivy,
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~xavier/ivy/maven2-ivy-err.log
>
>  Some of the failings show ivy or its tests have homework, but what
>  about the broken XML? Those with stuff in the prolog, malformed UTF-8
>  content, even things like plexus that refer to &oslash; ? Can these
>  things be fixed?
>
>  -steve
>
>
>  -------- Original Message --------
>  Subject: Ivy Maven 2 Compatibility
>  Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:43:48 +0100
>  From: Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com>
>  Reply-To: Ant Developers List <dev@ant.apache.org>
>  To: Ant Developers List <dev@ant.apache.org>
>
>  Hi,
>
>  As you may have noticed on the ivy user list I've just setup a small
>  web site for searching Maven 2 repository:
>  http://javarepo.xoocode.org/
>
>  To implement this I've used Ivy Pom parser to parse poms from the
>  maven 2 repository, to extract some basic information like the
>  description and home page. This is a bit overkill for what I do in
>  javarepo, but the nice side effect is that I now have an error log
>  with all modules in current maven 2 repo for which Ivy is failing at
>  parse time. The error log is here:
>  http://people.apache.org/~xavier/ivy/maven2-ivy-err.log
>
>  As you can see a lot of errors are xml errors (use of undeclared
>  entity, unclosed tags, content not allowed in prolog, ...). There's
>  also quite a lot of poms in which we don't find the module name (I
>  haven't checked if this is our fault yet). Note that in my parsing I
>  haven't setup Ivy correctly, so Ivy was not able to find parent or
>  relocated modules, which may cause errors in the log we wouldn't have
>  in reality.
>
>  The good news is that we only have about 200 errors for the 28k+ poms
>  available in maven repo. This is not too bad, even though it doesn't
>  tell how different the dependency resolution itself would be.
>
>  Xavier
>
> --
>  Xavier Hanin - Independent Java Consultant
>  http://xhab.blogspot.com/
>  http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
>  http://www.xoocode.org/
>


-- 
Gilles Scokart

Mime
View raw message