www-repository mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: too many jaxbs out there
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 23:50:58 GMT
On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Steve Loughran
<steve.loughran@gmail.com> wrote:

>  well, we need to look at them to see how they vary. Also, It still
>  breaks transitive classpath inference if there's not
>  recognition/warning that you're adding multiple different
>  implementations to a classpath.

Maven doesn't currently understand 'implementations'.  The same sort
of thing happens with the MyFaces JSF implementation vs. the Sun
Reference Implementation-- Maven will happily include both in a
webapp, because the groupId+artifactId differs.

>  I have one more question. There's no official sun release in there,
>  just stub poms. Does that still hold?

My guess is that if the license permitted it, we'd already have it in
central.  Is this one of the older versions that requires clicking on
the license?

--
Wendy