www-repository mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: too many jaxbs out there
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 00:17:54 GMT
On Wednesday 19 March 2008, Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> I dont know if the license has changed, it didnt allow it when it was
> uploaded

No, there are a LOT of Sun things (jaxws, jaxb, newer activation, mail,
etc...) that are now CDDL and could be put in central.  They currently
exist at java.net.   The main problems are:
1) The sun poms suck
2) Sun has a tendency to change things after they are released which
causes major issues if they were synced to central.  The jaxws-api 2.1-1
jar at central is to deal with them doing that.

That said, I'm all for getting the java.net stuff into central, but it
would require quite a bit of work from someone to get the poms cleaned
up, etc....

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp