www-repository mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: apache commons-* -sources.jar
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2008 18:12:39 GMT

On Feb 2, 2008, at 3:56 AM, nicolas de loof wrote:

> I've put some -sources.jars in :
>
> http://people.apache.org/~nicolas/missing-commons-sources.jar/
>
> Those one have been created by a script :
>
> - create list of commons-* without -sources.jar in repo
> - search for a src-zip distribution in www.apache.org/dist
> - wget available ones
> - unzip, jar a src/java + src/resources + *.txt
>
> Nico.

I looked at commons-beanutils-1.6-sources.jar and it did not contain a
LICENSE and NOTICE file in the META-INF directory as required by http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#distribute-raw-artifact

.  I assume that is likely the case for the other source jar files.
That is a mandatory -1 on these as releases for me.

The script used to prepare the source jars should be made available so
that others can confirm that the build process is repeatable.  If I
can look at the script, run it myself and compare my results with your
results, I have more confidence that the process is repeatable and
honest.  Obviously, the script should be ASL v2 licensed.