www-repository mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: apache commons-* -sources.jar
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 21:48:17 GMT

On Feb 1, 2008, at 2:09 PM, nicolas de loof wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Many apache commons have no -source.jar bundle in maven "central"
> repo. I've created some of them based on the official source
> distribution for my personnal use.
>
> Would you allow me use /x1/www/people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-
> rsync-repository/ for adding them, or do you prefer a more formal
> MAVENUPLOAD / MEV request ?
>
> Nicolas.

I'm just a lurker on the repo list, but I'd think that this would look
like a ASF released and a consumer would assume that it had the
blessing of the associated PMC.  If the source jars were prepared,
posted people.apache.org/builds and a vote called on the appropriate
mailing list to accept them for publication, then I could see placing
them in the repo upon conclusion of a favorable vote.  Otherwise, it
looks like a single committer just did an end-run around the ASF
release policy.