www-repository mailing list archives

From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Providing maven-metadata.xml files for Batik
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 04:10:47 GMT
My artifact and POM generation works well from my ant build file now.
This is what it generates:

  http://mcc.id.au/temp/2007/maven/

When everything’s set, I’ll dump all of those batik-* directories in
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/xmlgraphics/.

Still a few questions to go, though.

First, do I need to upload maven-metadata.xml files for each of these
artifacts too?  I notice that some projects have them (e.g.
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/james/james-project/maven-metadata.xml)
while others don’t (e.g. the file isn’t in
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/xmlgraphics/fop/).
If I do need to provide such a file, where is there documentation on its
format?  I couldn’t find any on http://maven.apache.org/.

Second, is there a minimum/maximum Java version that the artifacts must
be compiled with?

Third, should I do the relocation thing described in
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-relocation.html?  The old
Batik 1.6 artifacts are in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/batik/, but
there’s no
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/batik/ since
these Batik 1.6 artifacts were uploaded by external people, presumably.
Should I create the m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/batik directory so that
I can upload the minimal redirecting POMs for the old (and 1.7)
artifacts, or should I do that through a JIRA request to the maven
people?

Thanks again,

Cameron

--