www-repository mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: wtf happened to log4j?
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 16:19:23 GMT
On Nov 12, 2007 2:33 PM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
> Are you asking the right list?
>
> - Brett

well, I think I should submit the bug report "log4j 1.2.15 introduces
bad dependencies" to the log4j, team, but I was surprised that such a
mainstream artifact did manage to get the metadata in there with a
dependency on artifacts that dont exist. It's clearly bad repository
metadata that should never have got in there.

It makes me think that part of the repository checking ought to
include a warning if a release of an artifact suddenly adds new
dependencies, as a "review this change" kind of event.