www-repository mailing list archives

From "Carlos Sanchez" <car...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven artifacts for Batik
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 07:31:26 GMT
On Nov 30, 2007 2:41 PM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:
> > groupId should probably be org.apache.xmlgraphics.batik
>
> OK.  Does that mean the groupId for FOP and XML Graphics Commons is
> wrong?  (It says <groupId>org.apache.xmlgraphics</groupId> in the POM
> file for both.)

it's up to xmlgraphics project to decide how to subdivide the space
for the subprojects

> > > Second, how do I deal with the issue of the mutual dependency between
> > > FOP and Batik?  The Batik 1.7 release will depend on Fop 0.93, but in
> > > http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/xmlgraphics/fop/0.93/fop-0.93.pom
> > > it says that FOP 0.93 depends on the 1.6-1 versions of the various Batik
> > > artifacts.  Is that what the <exclusions> element in the POM file is
> > > used for?
> >
> > is it a real dependency or it's just that the fop pom is messed up?
> > yes, you can depend in fop and add an exclusion for batik there
>
> It is a real dependency.  In fact FOP can work with Batik 1.7, since
> we've maintained compatibility, but I suppose the dependency on the
> exact 1.6-1 version prevents this from working nicely.  I'll do as you
> say then and have an exclusion to prevent Batik 1.6-1 from coming in.

do you mean that fop needs batik to compile and batik needs fop?
chicken and egg problem? how do you do that?

> What's the difference?  Artifacts in the m1-… directory can be used by
> both Maven 1 and 2, but those in the m2-… directory can only be used by
> Maven 2?  (/me is a bit clueless about the difference between Maven 1
> and 2).

there's no difference, whether you deploy to the m1 or m2 repos it
will be available for both m1 and m2 users. So only deploy to one of
them.

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.