www-repository mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Relocation on a different version
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:13:31 GMT
Yes, I understand that someone decided to rename the version number.

My problem is that I don't know how to consider the version number in the conflict resolution.
 If I consider the
version number of the relocated module or the version number of the 'target of the relocation',
the result will be
different.

If I take the example of xml-apis, the version 1.3.03 evict the 1.0.b2, and 2.0.2 is relocated
to 1.0.b2.  Should 2.0.2
evict 1.3.03 or not?
Even worse, should 2.0.2 evict 1.0.b2?  If not, that means that eviction can only be performed
after reading both pom.
In this example the relaction is done toward a smaller version number, but it could be in
the opposite.
Does the 'b' in this particular case play a role?

I'm lost with it.  I have the feeling that inconsistent things are introduced by the relocation,
but I didn't manage to
pinpoint what.

BTW, even if this is not very frequent, it is at least used by xml-api, which is himself very
frequently used.

Gilles

This lead to