www-repository mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: POM licensing
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 11:32:18 GMT
2007/10/2, Steve Loughran <steve.loughran@gmail.com>:

> Unless we are going to a policy that all POMs in the repos are apache
> licensed, the copyright info should be in XML nodes itself, rather
> than just human-parsed comments.

+1
IF multiple license are allowed for poms, soon or later you will need a tool
to check which pom you can use in your context.

But would it be really a problem to have a policy saying that all poms in
the repos are apache licensed (once solved the problem of all the existing
poms that have an unknown license, of curse).
I think that such policy would simplify a lot of things, and would just be a
minor limitation for very few user.

--
Gilles SCOKART