www-repository mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: POM licensing
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 10:13:00 GMT
I seriously doubt that pom are not copyrightable.  I'm not a lawer, but I'm
quiet sure that writing a pom for complex project requires a serious dose of
creativity.  Think to the way you can use pom inheritance, or think to the
number of optional dependencies or verion ranges you can use.  Someone can
even combine via a pom some modules that were even not expected by the
developpers of the project.

That, combined to the fact that it might be difficult to find back the
original author of the pom.  I think that we have a problem.

Gilles

--
Gilles SCOKART