www-repository mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: no selenium files?
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:15:21 GMT
On 30/10/2007, Carlos Sanchez <carlos@apache.org> wrote:
> And they need to be cleaned up, they have snapshots and other kind of
> things that make builds not reproducible, sight

Looking at the pom, and skipping over the bits I dont understand

http://maven.openqa.org/org/openqa/selenium/core/selenium-core/0.8.3/selenium-core-0.8.3.pom

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.openqa.selenium.server</groupId>
            <artifactId>selenium-server-coreless</artifactId>
            <version>0.9.1</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>rhino</groupId>
            <artifactId>js</artifactId>
            <version>1.6R5</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>junit</groupId>
            <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
            <version>3.8.1</version>
        </dependency>

selenium-server-coreless is at

http://maven.openqa.org/org/openqa/selenium/server/selenium-server-coreless/0.9.2/selenium-server-coreless-0.9.2.pom

it pulls in jetty, javax.servletapi and commons-logging, but doesnt
spec versions of any of these.

    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>ant</groupId>
            <artifactId>ant</artifactId>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>jetty</groupId>
            <artifactId>org.mortbay.jetty</artifactId>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
            <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>bouncycastle</groupId>
            <artifactId>bcprov-jdk15</artifactId>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>junit</groupId>
            <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>

That worries me, as  jetty does change a lot, and jetty6 doesnt need
commons-logging, so either its a secret dependency on jetty5, or
something else uses commons-logging.

If I were to use this stuff, I'd drop *.dependencies and put together
my own dependencies in ivy.xml, somehow deciding which bouncycastle to
use based on the java version (which hurts, as its a runtime decision,
not build time. We'd have to decide which version to run with
dynamically.

-steve