www-repository mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: POM licensing
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 10:26:06 GMT
On 08/10/2007, Robert Burrell Donkin <rdonkin@apache.org> wrote:

> ALv2.0 is safe for inclusion by reference
>
> the reason for the long license header is to explain to all the
> copyright status of the work. apache is granted only a license by it's
> contributors. the copyright is not assigned but remains in the hands of
> the authors.
>
> > If the whole boilerplate is needed in java files I don't see how it
> > could be shorted in a pom.xml.
>
> apache policy means that the source of apache poms should have the
> complete boilerplate.

ok, so lets confirm this so the changes can go into ant 1.7.1
metadata, which will be released this month

-every ant POM file needs the normal apache2 header as the java source
in an XML comment

or

-every ant pom file should have the complete apache license in an XML comment

I dont mind which, I just need to know what changes to make

-steve

-every