www-repository mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: POM licensing
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 21:46:20 GMT
On 01/10/2007, Gilles Scokart <gscokart@gmail.com> wrote:
> I seriously doubt that pom are not copyrightable.  I'm not a lawer, but I'm
> quiet sure that writing a pom for complex project requires a serious dose of
> creativity.  Think to the way you can use pom inheritance, or think to the
> number of optional dependencies or verion ranges you can use.  Someone can
> even combine via a pom some modules that were even not expected by the
> developpers of the project.

stick some ant stuff inline and you have original work. I dont think
dependency metadata and other things like are (c), but the
instructions needed to go from source to working artifacts? Oh yes.

> That, combined to the fact that it might be difficult to find back the
> original author of the pom.  I think that we have a problem.

again, this is why I add author info as comments in my poms. Maybe
someone can go back through all the existing bugreps to identify the
provider. ouch.