www-repository mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject where have all the EU mirrors gone?
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2007 22:16:53 GMT
After the sunsite.dk was found to be incomplete with its coverage of
all artifacts (i.e out of sync), I switched to skynet.bet. That lasted
less than a week as it was too unreliable. I went to satah.com, but
again, I find builds failing as the box isnt reachable right now.

So, I've switched to the maven central repository. I cant trust the
other boxes to be there, to be accurate. Which is the role of mirrors.

-we need the tools to audit the mirrors; to scan their repositories
for the filenames we expect, and to grab the MD5 files to check they
are consistent with the central ones.

-we should also be monitoring the availability of the mirrors, to
build up a history of the different sites availability.

a fun little coding problem, perhaps.

-steve