www-repository mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: POM licensing
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2007 16:52:19 GMT

> Isn't it enough for all project POMs to extend org.apache:apache:pom
> (currently version 4)?

-lots of the .pom files aren't in the right namespace
- those of us who hand write our pom files dont extend anything from maven.
-I've always added author metadata as a comment in pom files I've
supplied, primarily to remove the blame from the original team when I
was the author of the bad metadata.  My incompetence shouldn't be the
cause of support calls to other people.

Interestingly, most RPM .spec files that I've worked with (jpackage,
and stuff of my own doing) does include license info.

-steve