www-repository mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jsr 173 artifacts
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 20:28:36 GMT

> On Jul 3, 2007, at 5:32 AM, Steve Loughran wrote:
>
> > On 03/07/07, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> BEA donated the API and RI  to codehaus stax project under the
> >> Apache License.
> >> That's why you have two RIs and two APIs.  Though I agree this could
> >> be cleaned a bit ...
> >> The ones from stax are AL 2.0 whereas the original API and RI are not
> >> AL compatible.
> >
> > Ok. And stax api 1.0.1 is compatible with impl 1.2.0, I hope.
>
> There's also a geronimo stax api implementation.  We think you should
> use it :-)  Unfortunately we haven't finished releasing it, I'll try
> to make that happen sooner rather than later.
> - the ri api doesn't work right on non-sun jvms
> - the stax-api 1.0.1 does work on non-sun jvmx but isn't spec
> compliant: there's a stupid typo in the spec that they fixed, so its
> signatures are wrong.
>
> org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-stax-api_1.0_spec:1.0-SNAPSHOT:jar
>
> I don't know of problems with  the implementation itself at codehaus
> stax.
>

> > There's also a stax implementation in java.xml.stream in Java1.6,
> > isn't there? What version is that in sync with? 1.0.1. or 1.0.0?
>
> I haven't looked but I'd hope the proposed spec revision that has a
> new method to fix the spec typo.
>
> thanks, and hope this isn't too vague
> david jencks

thank for, if not actually resolving my confusion, raising it to a
different level. And no, no snapshots in products. A little rule I
have. But when you release, I may try it...indeed, it would make for
some interesting regression testing to have gump force in different
variations. After all, the world has settled on Xerces and Xalan
because they are the only things people know to work, and that is
because they are the main tools everything is tested against.

-steve