www-repository mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: jsr 173 artifacts
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 17:56:50 GMT

On Jul 3, 2007, at 5:32 AM, Steve Loughran wrote:

> On 03/07/07, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
>> BEA donated the API and RI  to codehaus stax project under the
>> Apache License.
>> That's why you have two RIs and two APIs.  Though I agree this could
>> be cleaned a bit ...
>> The ones from stax are AL 2.0 whereas the original API and RI are not
>> AL compatible.
>
> Ok. And stax api 1.0.1 is compatible with impl 1.2.0, I hope.

There's also a geronimo stax api implementation.  We think you should
use it :-)  Unfortunately we haven't finished releasing it, I'll try
to make that happen sooner rather than later.
- the ri api doesn't work right on non-sun jvms
- the stax-api 1.0.1 does work on non-sun jvmx but isn't spec
compliant: there's a stupid typo in the spec that they fixed, so its
signatures are wrong.

org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-stax-api_1.0_spec:1.0-SNAPSHOT:jar

I don't know of problems with  the implementation itself at codehaus
stax.

> There's also a stax implementation in java.xml.stream in Java1.6,
> isn't there? What version is that in sync with? 1.0.1. or 1.0.0?

I haven't looked but I'd hope the proposed spec revision that has a
new method to fix the spec typo.

thanks, and hope this isn't too vague
david jencks