www-repository mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Howto publish a JAR that was not generated by Maven to the m2 repo ?
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2007 15:10:19 GMT
On 30/06/07, Henning Schmiedehausen <henning@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-06-30 at 12:12 +0100, Steve Loughran wrote:
>
> Just out of interest: What can VMWare images do that build roots can
> not? I use for that kind of testing build roots for ages, which can
> simply be untarred and later discarded. I know of at least two major
> Linux vendors (one now defunct) that build their release systems using
> build roots.

1. let people on the windows boxes cut releases
2. let us do these things without worrying about license management
(for the OSS platforms)
3. let us test on a broad farm of systems (RHEL4+5, ubuntu, solaris,
windows XP, vista, server 2003) without having to maintain that many
machines

what we cant do is test on a vm mac image, which irritates me. We need
a mac on the network, and its owner gets irate when I do bad things to
it.