www-repository mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Howto publish a JAR that was not generated by Maven to the m2 repo ?
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:42:45 GMT
On 6/28/07, tomdz <tomdz@apache.org> wrote:

> Steve Loughran wrote:
>
> > This is something I have to write up, maybe we can extend Ivy to make
> > it easier.
> >
> > Right now here is my build file to create an izpack installer, rpms
> > and publish artifacts to a maven2 compatible repository:
> >

> http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/smartfrog/trunk/core/release/build.xml?view=markup
> >

> > The pom files and md5s are done elsewhere; every jar has a template
> > pom that is copied with ant property expansion (one of the properties
> > includes a comment that creates an audit trail of who created the pom
> > and when), then <checksum> is used to create the md5 signatures. These
> > are all scp'd up to the target server.
>
> Mhmm, this seems to be quite complex a thing to do with Ant (even if not
> generating an izpack installer or an rpm). An Ivy task would certainly
> be a nice thing to have for this.

We already have a task for publishing artifacts to a repository, in these
artifacts you can have a pom. So it shouldn't be too hard to work on
something which would make it dead simple for Ant+Ivy users. For now using
maven for this seems to be pretty straightforward, so no problem :-)

Xavier

For now I think I can live with using Maven for the deploy :-)

> cheers,
> Tom

Creator of Ivy, xooki and xoocode.org
More about me: http://xhab.blogspot.com/