www-repository mailing list archives

From tomdz <to...@apache.org>
Subject Howto publish a JAR that was not generated by Maven to the m2 repo ?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:30:11 GMT
Hi folks,

I want to publish the DdlUtils 1.0 jar to the m2 Maven repository.
Since we're not using Maven at all (plain old Ant :-) ), I have to push
the artifact manually somehow. FYI, JAR and signature/checksum files are
here:

/www/www.apache.org/dist/db/ddlutils/ddlutils-1.0/binaries

The Maven 2 POM I was going to use is here

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/ddlutils/tags/1.0/pom.xml?view=markup

Since there is probably no manual way without Maven 2 (or is there
something like
http://apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html#repo-step-by-step for the
Maven 2 repo ?), I think I'll have to use Maven 2 to do the deploy.
But, I'm a newbie when it comes to Maven, so could perhaps a kind soul
give me some tips ? I figured that I probably have to use the deploy
plugin, e.g. something like:

mvn deploy:deploy-file -DpomFile=pom.xml \
         -Dfile=DdlUtils-1.0.jar \
         -DrepositoryId=m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository \
         -Durl=http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository

But I'm not sure about that, and also, do I have to do that for all four
files (jar, jar.asc, jar.md5, jar.sha) ?

cheers,
Tom