www-repository mailing list archives

From "Carlos Sanchez" <car...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [repo] /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:31:04 GMT
On 6/19/07, Michael Busch <buschmic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> > Couple of things
> >

> Hi Carlos,
>
> > - why were some files removed? changes don't get propagated to the
> > central repository
>
> some of those files were not working correctly. So I generated all files
> new. Is there a way to propagate file changes to the central repo?

no, releases can't be changed, you'd need to fix them in next releases

> > - the maven-metadata-local files are useless for the remote repo
> >

> Ok I didn't know that. Should I rename those files?

it's not just the name but the contents. To generate the appropriate
ones you would need to  deploy to the repo using "mvn deploy", if not
you don't need to put them in

and BTW lucene-parent should extend apache parent pom for common info
(license, organization, ...)

<parent>
<groupId>org.apache</groupId>
<artifactId>apache</artifactId>