www-repository mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re[2]: Repository format
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 09:27:54 GMT
On 22/05/07, Peter Kriens <Peter.Kriens@aqute.biz> wrote:
> Well, I am not running inside maven ... I want to create an
> independent downloader via a url because this allows existing
> frameworks to download bundles from a maven repo while automatically
> getting OSGi headers.
>
> However, I would like to write this application against a
> specification of the repository format (naming, directory layout,
> files, etc). I can guess, but I see a lot of variation and files I do
> not understand their meaning of.
>
> Do I  understand from your mail that no such specification exists,
> except in the source code?

well, the tests consitute a formal specification against which you can code :)

I have my own impl of the m1 and m2 layout policies, and that of the
ivy local cache too. You can use it, but it is LGPL:

http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/smartfrog/trunk/core/smartfrog/src/org/smartfrog/services/os/java/

This design has the local and remote layouts set by policy classes,
that something else uses to do the retrieval...this makes the cost of
switching to a new layout policy (like the ivy local one) fairly low;
you just write a new policy and some tests.

-steve