www-repository mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tool to validate depdendencies
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 21:19:55 GMT
Using a tool like jarjar it's pretty easy to get an overview of your jar
dependencies:
http://www.sixlegs.com/blog/java/depfind.html

I've already used it to generate ivy files, but it can also be used the
other way around.

depfind seems to be also a good tool for that:
http://depfind.sourceforge.net/

Seems more complex but much better documented.

HTH,

Xavier

On 5/24/07, Gilles Scokart <GScokart@isabel.eu> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Is there a tool that could identify unnecessary dependencies from a
> pom.xml or [better] an ivy.xml.
>

> More precisely, I want to identify the minimal set of jars I really need
> to compile my module, in order to clean the module descriptor.
>

> And if I manage to do that, I would go further.  I would like to have the
> set of jars that the users of my module will require to compile : my module
> + only the modules that I use in my interface (Class that I use as argument,
> that I extend or that I throws).
>

> Gilles
>
>   Gilles Scokart
>    E-mail : GScokart@isabel.eu
>  Tel   : +32
> Fax  : +32
>
>  Isabel NV/S.A.
> Keizerinlaan 13-15 Boulevard de l'Impératrice
>  1000 Brussels - Belgium
> RPR Bruxelles / RPM Brussel: BE 0455 530 509
>  www.isabel.eu     www.zoomit.eu
>
>  ZOOMIT is a Registred Trademark of Isabel NV/S.A.
> Disclaimer : www.isabel.eu/gps/en/disclaimer/mailing.php

Manage your dependencies with Ivy!
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/