www-repository mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: what does ${version} do in a POM
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 09:14:41 GMT
On 5/22/07, Steve Loughran <steve.loughran@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22/05/07, Arnaud HERITIER <aheritier@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's now solved with recent maven 1.1 version. When a pom is published, all
> > variables are resolved.
> > But oldest POMs are always incorrect...
>

> bugger. Cargo 0.9 is only a month old too. Well, we can get ivy 2.0
> fixed, presumably
Maarten already fixed this issue in Ivy trunk. The problem for us (Ivy
team) is that it's very difficult to figure out the exact rules about
parsing poms. But we increase our knowledge and compatibility :-)

BTW I agree with steeve, published metadata should be self contained
with no reference, it would make tool development much easier and much
more stable and reproducible. It's nice to know this has been done in
maven 1.1.

Xavier
Manage your dependencies with Ivy!
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/